Re: [ecasound] Re: realtime effects with ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: realtime effects with ecasound
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 23:26:07 EET

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, S. Massy wrote:

>> I would eventually like to be able to add/remove them at any place in
>> the stream, at any time I choose. At the same time I would also like to
>> be able to start up whole new streams.
> He has a point here, a cop-insert would be useful, or does cop-add always
> add after the selected cop? I've never thought to check...

At least the rt-implementation will be difficult. As ecasound chainops can
alter the channel-count (you can add a special 16ch effect to a chain with
only mono effects), all operators in the chain must be
re-initialized. So won't be easy.

But still, I admit 'cop-insert' would be useful, even if at first only a
non-rt version.