Re: [ecasound] ALSA and ecasound/ecasignalview problems

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ALSA and ecasound/ecasignalview problems
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 04:25:19 EET

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, jon nall wrote:

> > From manpage, ecasound(1):
>
> your quoting of the man page is nothing i haven't read
Sorry, it looked in the formulation of your previous message as though you hadn't read it.
> 5 times over. i've tried both alsa,pcmname and
> alsahw,c,d,sd as follows:
>
> alsa,/dev/snd/pcmC0D0c
> alsa,pcmC0D0c
This is wrong, pcm name here is a name you define in ~/.asoundrc, I made the exact same mistake when I upgraded to 0.9.0.
> alsahw,0,0,0
What if you don't specify the subdevice, does it work? The default subdevice isn't 0, I believe, it's something like -1.