[ecasound] skipping unwanted portions of an audio file.

Subject: [ecasound] skipping unwanted portions of an audio file.
From: Bill Kenworthy (billk@iinet.net.au)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 09:19:33 EET

Hi,
I am working with some large files and wish to pare them down to a more
manageable size by removing unwanted portions. Up until now I have used
broadcast2000 to visually locate and then remove the unwanted bits. I
have played with ecasound a bit now for some basic effects and it
appears that it is possible to manually extract and then recombine parts
of an audiofile only by a number of manual cut & paste operations. Have
I missed something or is it possible to play for a predermined period,
skip forward a few thousand seconds and then start playing again,
possibly a number of times. This would not be for live play, but would
be used as a preprocessor to a file for further work, so the time delay
in picking up the new start point is irrelevant. I have tried stacking
-y:seconds -t:seconds commands, but unless I have the wrong syntax, this
doesnt work.

BillK