[ecasound] Concat different formats?

Subject: [ecasound] Concat different formats?
From: Mario Lang (mlang@home.delysid.org)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 12:30:52 EET

Hi.

I need a tool which does the following. I wonder if
this is possible with ecasound. Any ideas:

1. Concatenate different audio files in different
   formats.
2. Output should be a unified RIFF format,
   with 22050Hz.

For example:
Concat: 1.mp3, 2.wav, 3.mod, 4.wav
All can have different sampling rates.

I know that the resampling shouldnt be a problem in ecasound,
but how to tell it to concat the chains, and not overlap them?
Of course, some overlapping would be nice (cross-fade)
but this is not really necessary.

Can anyone give me a simple example?
Or name another GPL tool which does thi.

--
CYa,
   Mario <mlang@delysid.org>

Let's call it an accidental feature. --Larry Wall