Re: [ecasound] midi-controller

Subject: Re: [ecasound] midi-controller
From: Daniel Lüderwald (das_flip@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 12:43:29 EET

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:25:04 -0600
Anthony Van Groningen <avan@uwm.edu> wrote:

> Hi all, was wondering if anybody knows of a software app that emulates a midi controller.
> I want to have some sliders that I can hook up to the ecasound -km controller. I think
> I should then be able to do realtime mixing/processing then? I don't think this would be
> difficult to write but I dunno nuttin' bout midi! Thanks.

You could possible use Pure Data with the ggext externals. Then you can build a midi-environment in pd and route it via the midi-loopback driver (kernel compile-option) to ecasound.

One drawback is that PD automatically utilizes all available midi-ports, so that ecasound cannot use the other loopback port.
There is a patch for pd which allows you to select the midi-port it connects to at

PD can be found at http://iem.kug.ac.at/pd/