[ecasound] Polling ecasound/alsa ice1712 users?

Subject: [ecasound] Polling ecasound/alsa ice1712 users?
From: J. Gareth Williams (gareth.williams@telperiondigital.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 08:14:08 EET

Hi folks,

I absolutely cannot get my Delta66 card working with the latest (0.5.9b)
Debian unstable package. And my problem is that I don't know if it's
alsa, the particular package I'm using, or ecasound.

* Module loads happily when modprobe'd
* I can use alsamixer to set levels. When I reboot, they are correctly
restored.
* I can even run ecasound, both playing to and capturing from, the
card. It _appears_ to be running just fine...
*... except there ain't no sound!

Occasionally, I can get continuous streams of static, and I did once get
an mp3 playing perfectly, but the results are not reproducible. I can't
see any pattern to what works and what does not.

I've had this card working just fine on my old Red Hat system, with
0.5.9a drivers and the same version of ecasound. Exactly the same kernel
config.

I was convinced at one point that the card was fried; but I installed
Windows in a free partition and got the damn thing to work straight
away.

So now I haven't a clue how to proceed! Any suggetions?

Appreciate any insight,

garethw