[ecasound] Bug in ALSA devices handling

Subject: [ecasound] Bug in ALSA devices handling
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 23:30:34 EET

Hi,

It seems there is a bug with alsa devices handling. You can't run
multiple instances of ecasound on with alsa as output, the second
instance will segfault. While some might wonder why one might want to
run several instances of ecasound at once I have personally had that
need and encountered this problem. I believe at least that ecasound
shouldn't segfault since it's generally not a good thing.

S. Massy