Re: [ecasound] ecasound 1.9dev1 released

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound 1.9dev1 released
From: ben@slumber.dhs.org
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 00:21:51 EET

> Damn, the new MIDI code had some pretty bad bugs in it. Oh well, release
> early, release often. ;) I've fixed the bugs in CVS.
>
> Btw, have you tried to use -km in setups where you have /dev/dsp both as
> input and output? For instance something simple like "ecasound -i /dev/dsp
> -o /dev/dsp -ea:100 -km:1,0,100,74,0"...? Is the delay shorter this way?

Interesting.. with input from /dev/dsp there is no delay. :) Is that a
useful clue?

As an aside (but sort of relevant), I just thought of something that
would be a nice improvement to the MIDI control subsystem -
interpolating control values. I've noticed with the lowpass filter that
you can hear the cutoff frequency stepping when changing the value in
the low range. I guess this is due to the limited resolution of the
MIDI CCs, but it could be made to sound smoother by interpolating
between the values. Just an idea for the wishlist :)

ben