Re: [ecasound] ecasound 1.9dev1 released

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound 1.9dev1 released
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 00:47:16 EET

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 ben@slumber.dhs.org wrote:

> I was excited about the new release, but the midi controller delay I was
> experiencing is still there. Strangely, all of my knobs now do the same

Ok, I think I found the bug/feature. I've now added two new options to
ecasound:

-z:nointbuf - minimize the use of internal buffering done by rt-devices
-z:xruns - stop processing if an xrun occurs

-z:nointbuf helps to the MIDI-delay problems. By default, these are both
disabled. For instance '-z:nointbuf' is optimal only in setups when user
is setting the effect parameters based on the audio output (-km in this
case). But if there are both realtime inputs and outputs involved, no
rt-devices at all, or just normal playback, it's better to allow internal
buffering (on the soundcard hardware).