Re: [ecasound] Newbie - can't write ecasound recorded .wav files to CD

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Newbie - can't write ecasound recorded .wav files to CD
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer@netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 17:30:36 EET

In Fri, 15 Dec 2000 04:42:33 -0800 Larry Weaver <lweaver@cruzio.com> cum veritate scripsit :

> I was successful in recording a series of .wav files using ecasound, but
> when I tried
> to write them to a CD using Adaptec's EasyCD under windows ME (sorry,
> it's all
> I could find that supports ATAPI CDRW drives),

I am burning with Plextor ATAPI CDR drive under Linux very happily.
I used ecasound for mastering (well, not that much),
and used "xcdrdao" (the name seems to have changed now, which I do not know offhand)
to cut up the tracks, and write to the CDR.

It's very simple. It's surprising how simple it gets under Linux...

I believe it is one of the few tasks Linux is simpler to use than Windows.

regards,
        junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp