Re: [ecasound] Newbie - can't write ecasound recorded .wav filesto CD

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Newbie - can't write ecasound recorded .wav filesto CD
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp@bright.net)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 16:22:41 EET

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Larry Weaver wrote:

> I was successful in recording a series of .wav files using ecasound, but
> [...]
> is not in audio format. Playing it under Winamp also doesn't work - it
> doesn't complain, just doesn't do anything. Is there some other format (than

Not that it helps much, but: I just finished another article for the
O'Reilly Network, it's about burning CDs under Linux, and I used
ecasound for the primary recording. I didn't even specify the format, I
just went with the default output, plopped the WAVs into gcombust, and
burned the audio data to CD. No troubles with the WAV files created by
ecasound 1.8.2r14. Disc came out perfect. Ecasound rocks.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net

Currently listening to: New London Consort, "Vite Perdite"