Re: [ecasound] A bug in writing wave headers?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] A bug in writing wave headers?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 02:01:00 EET

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, S. Massy wrote:

> Well, something is wrong definitely, I had never ru across this
> before: here's a documented example...

Uhm, find the cause. I already mentioned I had dropped the old
lock code. Well, I had missed to check one case it handled. When
user issues "quit" in interactive-mode, ecasound objects should
be properly deleted. With the recent CVS-tree version, ecasound
just exited right away after the "quit" command. This affected all
objects, but was especially annoying for wav-files, because their
header data is updated during object descrution (... which never
happened).

> tak:/mnt/tmp# ecasound -d:255 -i:/dev/dsp -o:test.wav -c
[...]
> quit
> (eca-main) ecasound_queue: exit!
> ECA_PROCESSOR destructor!
> - [ Engine/Exiting ] -------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> Exiting...
> tak:/mnt/tmp# wavp test.wav

This was the critical part of the debug output. No messages about object
desctruction... now after fixing the problem, you get what is expected:

--cut--
ecasound ('h' for help)> q
(eca-main) ecasound_queue: exit!
ECA_PROCESSOR destructor!
- [ Engine/Exiting ] ----------------------------------------------------------
Exiting...
ECA_CHAINSETUP destructor!
ECA_AUDIO_OBJECTS destructor!
(eca-audio-objects) Deleting chain "default".
CHAIN destructor!
(eca-audio-objects) Deleting audio device/file "new.wav".
(file-io) Closing file new.wav
(eca-audio-objects) Deleting audio device/file "null".
--cut--

Once again, big thanks for the bug report!