Re: [ecasound] ECI more or less ready for use

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ECI more or less ready for use
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 02:10:05 EET

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> .. but the problem is that for output objects, this condition is never
> checked. So if you run out of disk space, ecasound will just silently
> fail. This causes all kinds of problems with ecatools and ecawave. Hmm,
[...]
> guess we could add a new state "error". This would mean that some output
> object has return "finished" status (--> error!).

Ok, "error" is now added. Now ecasound is able to notice output
errors. As change happens in quite a critical part of the engine,
it's possible that this triggers some weird bugs. Here's an example error
situation:

--cut--
###| /boot |# df -h .
/dev/hda1 129M 129M 0 100% /boot
[...]
###| /boot |# ecasound_debug -i /dev/dsp -o new.raw
[...]
(eca-main) Warning! An output object has raised an error! Out of disk space, permission denied, etc?
###| /boot |#
--cut--

So at least you'll notice an error has occured...