Re: [ecasound] copying one signal to two channels?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] copying one signal to two channels?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 22:21:52 EET

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, Krzys Majewski wrote:

> Suppose I have a stereo line in, but only the left channel has a
> signal. How can I route this signal to both left and right output channels?
[...]
> ecasound -a:1,2 -i /dev/dsp -o /dev/dsp -erc:1,2

Hmm, that should definitely work. Try recording to a separate file,
and see if you get the same behaviour.

# note -a:1 is enough, assigned to two chains is not needed
ecasound -f:16,2,44100 -a:1 -i /dev/dsp -o file.wav -erc:1,2

Then check the balance, preferably without using /dev/dsp. For instance:

ecasound -i file.wav -o null -ev

... if the right channel is still silent, there's a bug somewhere.

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .