[ecasound] copying one signal to two channels?

Subject: [ecasound] copying one signal to two channels?
From: Krzys Majewski (majewski@cs.ubc.ca)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 05:54:44 EET

Hi there
Suppose I have a stereo line in, but only the left channel has a
signal. How can I route this signal to both left and right output channels?
(For example, I plug my guitar directly into the left channel of a
2-channel compressor/limiter. The guitar outputs a single channel. The
stereo signal from the compressor goes to the stereo line input on my
soundcard.)
I want to patch the left input channel to both left and right output
channels, so I can send a stereo signal to the P/A. Can I do this with
ecasound? I tried several variations on:

ecasound -a:1,2 -i /dev/dsp -o /dev/dsp -erc:1,2

but no cigar. I've got today's stable tarball.

-chris