Re: [ecasound] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: Usage of Sourceforge (fwd)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: Usage of Sourceforge (fwd)
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp@bright.net)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 16:49:12 EEST

"S. Massy" wrote:

> Even in linux I had much difficulties finding a
> command-line driven app, I believe ecasound to be the only as of
> today, that would let me do most of what I wanted.

A few other interesting CLI audio apps for Linux:

  Csound (software sound synthesis and processing)
    Hydra (Csound helper)
    CMask (Csound helper)
    MIDI2CS (Csound helper)
    Score11 (Csound helper)
  RTCmix (software sound synthesis and processing)
  Sig++ (software sound synthesis)
  Improv (MIDI processing language)
  Amber (granular synthesis language)
  3MU (TB303 emulator)
  cmusic (software sound synthesis)
  WaveTools (manipulates WAV format files)

WaveTools is available from
http://tph.tuwien.ac.at/~oemer/wavetools.html. All the other apps are
listed on the Linux soundapps pages at sound.condorow.net. Some other
CLI audio apps are listed there as well, but I thought these were the
most important. Of course there are all kinds of media players such as
playmidi, TiMidity, MikMod, and others.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html