Re: [ecasound] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: Usage of Sourceforge (fwd)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: Usage of Sourceforge (fwd)
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau@firstlinux.net)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 15:34:09 EEST

You make good points Kai.

Just in case anyone is interested. There is a project called m-station. This is an attempt at creating a distribution aimed entirely at the musos out there. It is being headed by a man named John Littler.

I am trying to help but my inexperience is holding me up. I know that any help would be appreciated. He has me building rpms (or trying to);-)

The web site is:

>www.m-station.cx
>which points at m-station.sourceforge.net

and his contact email is:

John Littler <linuxmusic@crosswinds.net>

I think this kind of thing is one way to give the Linux music community a much broader audience.

Although Linux is not for dummies. There are a lot of musos you want a dumb machine or have absolutely no idea about how to get started in linux. I think this is a good way to get them hooked.

Or is that a good thing?

Patrick.