Re: [ecasound] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: Usage of Sourceforge (fwd)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: Usage of Sourceforge (fwd)
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 00:27:18 EEST

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Richard A. Smith wrote:

>>> keyboard, mouse, etc, etc... in other words, it's cheap and it's easy
>> I am curious.. what type of audio hardware do you have in that box and
> I should clarify this.. I mean when you record other people or yourself do you record from
> mutiple sources at the same time using multiple soundcards or something similar? Or a track
> at a time?

I'll emphasize the word 'cheap'. :) So in other words, normal PC
soundcards, no special hardware. Most of the time it's track at a time.
This is how I work with my analog gear. Of course, even with consumer
sound cards you can record two independent mono signals. I started my
recording experiments with a stereo cassette recorder. Drums went to the
left channel, and guitar to the right... no mixing. ;) Those were the
days.

--
 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .