Re: [ecasound] Installing ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Installing ecasound
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 21:41:02 EEST

On 26 Aug 2000, Laura Conrad wrote:

> /usr/local/bin/ecasound: error in loading shared libraries:
> libecasound.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

Do you have /usr/local/bin in your /etc/ld.so.conf? If not, add it and
then run /sbin/ldconfig (as root).

> eca-text.cpp:46: curses.h: No such file or directory
> eca-text.cpp:47: term.h: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [eca-text.o] Error 1

These are the ncurses header files (ncurses-devel).

> which means there should be some more checks in ./configure. I
> installed ncurses, and then:

Hmm, I'll have to check this. Configure should check for ncurses...

> if [ ! -f /usr/local/share/ecasound/effect_presets ]; then /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 effect_presets /usr/local/share/ecasound/effect_presets; fi
> /usr/bin/install: effect_presets: No such file or directory

Yep, preset and oscillator files aren't included in the cvs tree, but
you'll find them in dist packages. Hmm, I guess there's no harm adding
these to cvs...

> have qtecasound, and when I try installing ecawave, ./configure gives me:
[...]
> checking for QT 2.x... configure: error: QT-2.x (headers) not found. Please check your installation!

Hmm, you can use configure options --with-qt-dir=/some/path,
--with-qt-libraries=... and --with-qt-includes=... to bypass this problem.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. It seems that installing ecasound on a
Mandrake 7.x box isn't as straightforward as it should be.

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .