[ecasound] Installing ecasound

Subject: [ecasound] Installing ecasound
From: Laura Conrad (lconrad@world.std.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 23:46:05 EEST

I've been doing it on a Mandrake 7.0 (mostly; I upgrade some stuff
from time to time) system, and having some problems. I have basic
ecasound working, and it's great, but the qt stuff is giving me
problems.

I first tried to install the
development rpm's (ecasound-1.8.0d14-1.i386.rpm and
ecasound-qt-1.8.0d14-1.i386.rpm) When I try to run them, I get:

/usr/local/bin/ecasound -h
/usr/local/bin/ecasound: error in loading shared libraries: libecasound.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Which probably means that rpm isn't checking for something it needs.

Then I tried installing the cvs, and had problems because I didn't
seem to have a "c++ development environment". First make gave me:

eca-text.cpp:46: curses.h: No such file or directory
eca-text.cpp:47: term.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [eca-text.o] Error 1

which means there should be some more checks in ./configure. I
installed ncurses, and then:

When I tried to do "make install", I get:

if [ ! -f /usr/local/share/ecasound/effect_presets ]; then /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 effect_presets /usr/local/share/ecasound/effect_presets; fi
/usr/bin/install: effect_presets: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/sda2/lconrad/src/ecasound-cvs/sound/ecasound'
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/sda2/lconrad/src/ecasound-cvs/sound/ecasound'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

For what I'm doing, I doubt that I need effect presets, and the
simpleminded things I've done with ecasound seem to work. But I don't
have qtecasound, and when I try installing ecawave, ./configure gives me:

checking for QT 2.x... configure: error: QT-2.x (headers) not found. Please check your installation!

My installation says:

[lconrad@localhost ecawave]$ rpm -qa | grep qt2
qt2-2.1.0-5mdk
qt2-devel-2.0.1-8mdk

Is there something else I'm supposed to have?

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@world.std.com , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574