Re: [ecasound] various

Subject: Re: [ecasound] various
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 16:37:33 EEST

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Dave Phillips wrote:

>> You need to specify both -t:time_in_seconds and and -tl. Use -y to
> Got it, thanks. However, it seems the loop is global, i.e., I can't
> place multiple -t:xxx -tl statements within a command sequence, correct
> ? I want three files of different lengths to loop separately, can it be

Yep, you can do this by using the ewf file format. First, create a text
file...

-- test.ewf --
source = test.wav
offset = 5.0
start-position = 2.0
length = 3.0
looping = true
--cut--

And then "ecasound -i test.ewf -o /dev/dsp". The first 5 secs will be
silent, then ecasound starts to read data from test.wav (offset inside
test.wav is 2 secs). After 8 secs (offset + length) of playback, we'll
loop back to start (2 sec from beginning of test.wav).

In currently released versions, ecasuond will crash if start-position
is greater thatn length. This is fixed in CVS.

>> ecasound -f:16,1,44100 -i test.mp3 -f:16,2,44100 -o /dev/dsp
> Okay, thanks to you and Maestro Massy I've got MP3s figured out now. :)

Ok, I just added parsing of mp3 header info to the latest ecasound
CVS-version. Both mono/stereo and sampling rate are now handled
automatically.

> OpenAL spec. As soon as it's finished I think I'll do a profile of
> ecasound. It really deserves wider notice.

That is nice to hear. :)

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .