[ecasound] Re: your mail

Subject: [ecasound] Re: your mail
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 10:30:28 EEST

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Erol Bernstein wrote:

> But it's a hard way to configure and call Ecasound from prompt, just if
[...]
> Is there any other tool like eco to manage ecasound?

Currently available graphical interfaces are Qtecasound and Eco. A few
other projects are under development, but I'm not sure about their status.

As for qtecasound, it's not very usable now. I promised to do a major
overhaul during 1.7.x development, but I just didn't have the time and
1.7.x was released with the old qtecasound. Now things look pretty much
the same with 1.8.x. Most of my time goes to maintaining and developing
the core parts of ecasound.

But as I said, there are other projects going on, and I hopefully
they will eventually offer a more user-friendly interface.

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .