Re: [ecasound] Miscellaneous things concerning ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Miscellaneous things concerning ecasound
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 12:52:08 EEST

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, S. Massy wrote:

>> Alsa5 should be up to date (no changes to ALSA 0.5.x as far as I know).
> Seems like the code hasn't been cleaned...
> audioio_alsa2.cpp:59: `is_triggered' undeclared (first use this function)

Ok, this is now fixed in CVS.

>>> 3) ecatools
>> Hmm, I use them all the time. What does ecanormalize_debug tell you?
> But then nothing happens at all afterward... And I mean NOTHING, I
> left it on for a whole night and it hung there... I tried to see what

Damn, damn, this is an embarrasing one. ;) You probably have
"default-to-interactive-mode = true" in your ~/.ecasoundrc ...? :)
I'll fix this in all ecatools...

>>> 4) Metronome
>> Ok, I'll start thinking about how this should be implemented. It'll
>> probably be a new output-object type.
> Great :)

Btw; you could do this as a LADSPA plugin. I already use LADSPA plugins
for various tasks other than normal fx processig. For instance
LADSPA oscillators are great for tuning your instruments.. :)

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .