[ecasound] Keeping in touch.

Subject: [ecasound] Keeping in touch.
From: K1 (kotau@firstlinux.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 20:05:11 EEST

Just a short message to let you know that I am reading the emails and learning a lot.

I have just managed to get ecasound to play an mp3 file. No mean feat as I have been trying on and off for the past 6 months. I think the new kernel (2.2.16) has helped a lot.

I am using the 1.7.8r-12.i386.rpm.
A Samsung Sens820 notebook.
pIII 500MB cpu.
192MB sd-ram.
ess maestro.

It was a very good feeling when I heard my mp3's and a cd song at the same time. I think there is a lot of scope for live performance. Mixing and sampling...

So now on to the real biz.

I hope this conveys my excitement enough. I will keep you informed of my progress.

Thanks.

P. Shirkey
kotau@bigfoot.com