Re: [ecasound] ecasound linking problem

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound linking problem
From: Richard A. Smith (ras2@tant.com)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 20:41:27 EEST

On Sat, 6 May 2000 03:57:52 -0400, S. Massy wrote:

>Well, searching through this mailing list I noticed someone had a
>problem similar to mine. (ecasound compilation bails out at linking
>stage with tons of "multiple definitions error") BTW, I'm a Debian user too
>so maybe it's a problem related to the distribution. Whatsoever I
>would be grateful if any of you could hint me about how I could solve
>this problem.

Does sound a little suspect dosen't it. What release of Debian are you
using? I have been able to get the binary .rpms installed on my system
using alien. Both ecasound and ecawave installed ok. Alien whined about
some stuff but it dosen't appear to have broken the packages.

I was able to run ecawave and load up a file. (ecawave segfaulted on me
while I was playing with it though *grin*)

I grabbed the latesest developement release of ecawave and tried to
compile it but received the same type of errors.

Perhaps we should start looking at the differences between the debian
library placements/versions and the redhat ones.

--
Richard A. Smith    ras2@tant.com
"I'd hang out with science kids - they can blow things up!