[ecasound] Problems building EcaWave

Subject: [ecasound] Problems building EcaWave
From: Jon Guerin (jguerin@home.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 22:57:03 EEST

I'm having some problems building the source for EcaWave. The configure
script chokes with this line...

checking checking for libecasound... checking for main in -lecasound...
no
configure: error: ** lib ecasound not installed/found **

Okay the first thing I'm noticing is the weird syntax of that first
line... "checking checking" it looks kind of like there's a problem with
the configure script and nested loops or something. This is just an
observation, I haven't actually looked at the configure script. The
binaries aren't compiled for ALSA therefore they have a nasty popping
and hissing noise when I playback sounds for the first few seconds. If
anyone can help me get this thing recompiled I'd be pretty grateful : ).
Thanks.