[ecasound] sourceforge and other things

Subject: [ecasound] sourceforge and other things
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 23:09:37 EEST

I've just registered sourceforge.net accounts for both ecasound and
ecawave. My primary reason was to get another (fast) ftp-server for ecasound
distribution files, and project visibility (sourceforge seems to be a hot
subject nowadays). Main ftp and CVS servers are still at seul.org, while

Anyway, sourceforge offers various extra services. There's bug tracking,
online discussion forums, support service, online surveys, etc... These
aren't currently in use, but tell me if you're interested. If someone is
interested in maintaining these services, I can give you the necessary
admin access. Sourceforge pages for ecasound and ecawave are at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=4605 [ecasound]
http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=4603 [ecawave]

And as for other things, 1.7.x is starting to be stable enough for a
stable release (that would be 1.7.6r11). If recent 1.7.x versions work
well in your machine, or you've encountered some serious problems, now is
a good time to tell me about it. :)

In 1.7.5d11 I made a few improvements to multitrack syncing and now it
works better than ever before. With ALSA drivers, I've been able to record
multiple tracks in sync even with really big buffers (something like
-b:4096). It would be great if someone could verify that this is also the
case with OSS/Free and OSS/Commercial drivers. I've already tested with
ALSA's OSS-emulation (0.5.7), so there shouldn't be any problems.

PS I've just tried the newly released Qt 2.1, and it works flawlessly
   with qtecasound and ecawave - no recompile required, same binaries
   work with Qt 2.0 and 2.1.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux ...	http://www.eca.cx 		 .