Re: [ecasound] Punch In/Out ?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Punch In/Out ?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 12:29:07 EET

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Jeremy Hall wrote:

>> (see linux-audio-dev archives at http://eca.cx/lad ), but IMHO punch
>> in/outs aren't really necessary in a software multitracker. You just
> Wait until you have to do a live event. :)

Ah, well I admit there are some situations where punch-in/out might
be useful. Anyway, this could be implemented as an additition to
ewf-format. You'd create an ewf-wrapper for the original track, specify
the punch-in point (or trigger-source), cross-fade time, punch-out
time (or some trigger), and that's about it.

My aim is to keep the engine code as simple as possible, and put
all hacks and special cases to ewf-files (or to some other extension).

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing