Re: [ecasound] Problems with ALSA

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Problems with ALSA
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 00:43:42 EET

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Kimmo Koli wrote:

>> Hmm, does other native ALSA apps (aplay for instance) for ok?
> At least alsaplayer and soundtracker work fine. Anyway, I'm not so sure

Hmm, soundtracker's ALSA-support is basicly identical to ecasound's...

> which is the correct device in /dev/snd: pcmC0D0p, pcmC0D1p, pcmC0D0c or
> pcmC0D1c. The soundcard is a GUS MAX.

Btw, support for these is removed in ecasound 1.7.2d11, so you'll have
to use -o:alsa,0,0 from now on (should be easier to use).

>> Hmm, also a self-compiled ecasound? This might help in some cases.
>> I fixed a few minor ALSA pcm2 bugs today... these might help. I'll
>> update the CVS later today.
> Probably I need to learn to use CVS then...

That's what I said a few months ago, but believe me, there isn't
much to learn. :) Once you understand the basics, it's easy. The following
pages contain enough info to get you started:

http://www.geda.seul.org/cvs.html
http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/download.html

PS Just recompiling the 1.6.12r10 package might also help.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing