Re: [ecasound] Canīt record

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Canīt record
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 15:17:35 EET

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Luis Pablo Gasparotto wrote:

> Finally qtecasound works. But I still have some problems, Iīm trying to
> record sounds from the sound card using: ./ecasound -i:/dev/dsp0 -o
> x.wav and the answer is: ERROR: [AUDIO-OSS]: "unable to open oss-device
> to O_RDONLY". Iīm using a Turtle Beach Fiji with built-in kernel sound

This sounds like a driver-problem. You should try out other audio programs
and see whether they can record from /dev/dsp0. If not, you need to
reconfigure your soundcard.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing