Re: [ecasound] tracking with ecasound 1.6.12

Subject: Re: [ecasound] tracking with ecasound 1.6.12
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 15:03:57 EET

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Neil E. Klepeis wrote:

> Kernel is 2.2.12; w/commercial OSS drivers; Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 and
> AWE64. Drive: I am using an IBM SCSI LVD drive with an Adaptec
[...]
> The last time I tracked drums to the AudioPCI and guitar to the AWE64
> and noticed a lot of clicks and pops on playback (not during record).
[...]
> card at a time when multitracking? [I don't think I had any, or as
> many, problems using a single card, but I'll recheck]

Ahh, that's the reason. Using multiple soundcards at the same is a
rather complex problem. You should read the related chapters
in Linux-Audio-Quality-HOWTO ... http://audio.netpedia.net/aqht.html
For instance, I've manages to use two cards (GUSMAX and AWE64g)
at the same time. But this only works, if I use one for monitoring
and one for recording. Simultanious playback or recording doesn't
work.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing