Re: about -z:db (was: Re: [ecasound] picking up stattic with -b:64)

Subject: Re: about -z:db (was: Re: [ecasound] picking up stattic with -b:64)
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 12:35:00 EET

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> Does db help with live processing or delayed processing?

Hopefully both. Depends on your setup (available memory, harddisk, etc).

> rtnull seems to require a 1024 buffer and only a 1024 buffer. much less,
> and it whines about underruns. much over and it skips audio.

Hmm, skips audio? I just changed rtnull to use debug-system for informing
about over/underruns (you have to use -d:1 to get them). This should
help.

> ecasound -a:1,2 -i /tmp/in.raw -a:1 -o rtnull -a:2 -o /tmp/out.raw -c
> ops, forgot to reset buffersize
> cs-set -b:1024
[...]
> Now when we have this sequence, rtnull no longer seems to exist. Data goes
> racing by.

Hmm, I wasn't able to reproduce this. I'll have to test it some more.

> also after doing a cs-set, it seems one must do a cs-connect, the na
> start, because when you do a cs-connect, it stops all output and doesn't
> remember that output was going before you did the connect. :(

I changed 'cs-set' to do an automatic disconnect-connect. Should help
a bit.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing