Re: [ecasound] cs-edit might be broken

Subject: Re: [ecasound] cs-edit might be broken
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net )
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 18:16:57 EET

Hi, and Good Morning :)

Kai Vehmanen said:
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Jeremy Hall wrote:
>
> > cs-edit results in a seg fault.
>
> First thing to check is your editor settings (EDITOR env.variable, etc.).

well, things have improved somewhat.

but this appears when exiting the editor.

(eca-chainsetup) Setting buffersize to (samples) 128.
(eca-chainsetup) Setting internal sample rate to: 44100
(eca-chainsetup) Setting chainsetup name to "cs-edit-temp".
(eca-chainsetup) Simple mixmode selected.
(eca-chainsetup) Raised-priority mode enabled.
(eca-chainsetup) Using precise-sample-rates with OSS audio devices.
(eca-chainsetup) Set active format to
(bits/channels/srate): s16_le/2/44100
- [ Eca-audio-objects/Adding a new input ]
---------------------------------
(eca-audio-objects) Added audio object "/tmp/in.raw", mode "read".
(audio-io) Format s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100.
(eca-chainsetup) Assigning file to chains: default
(eca-chainsetup) Set active format to
(bits/channels/srate): s16_le/2/44100
- [ Eca-audio-objects/Adding a new output ]
--------------------------------
(eca-audio-objects) Added audio object "/tmp/out.raw", mode "read/write".
(audio-io) Format s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100.
(eca-chainsetup) Assigning file to chains: default
(eca-controller) Selected chainsetup: "command-line-setup".
(eca-controller) Loaded chainsetup from file "/tmp/fileZoLTcT.ecs".
- [ Controller/Processing stopped ]
- [ Engine/Exiting ]
(eca-controller) Disconnecting chainsetup: "command-line-setup".
(eca-controller) Selected chainsetup: "cs-edit-temp".
(eca-controller) Connected chainsetup: "cs-edit-temp".
(eca-controller) Selected chainsetup: "command-line-setup".
(eca-controller) Removing chainsetup: "command-line-setup".
pure virtual method called
[root@Peppy ecasound]# Broken pipe

looking through the docs for psr to see what it is.

> > Ideally, a "hot" mode could be selected so that the current behavior is
> > seen, this would be the default. A "pasv" command could be entered that
> > places ecasound in a passive mode where it queues commands.
>
> Hmm, is on-the-fly 'cs-edit' enough, or do you still need this
> pasv/active functionality?

I think a cs-copy like I previously mentioned would be fine, given that if
processing is started it remains started upon connecting a new setup.

_J