Re: [ecasound] Changing internal sample rate 2 ~

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Changing internal sample rate 2 ~
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 23:42:09 EEST

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Kali Griffin wrote:

> SAMPLE_BUFFER::set_sample_rate(long int)
>
> works if my input is a file. but if my input is /dev/dsp, I cannot do
> this, my program hangs. again, the reason why I want to do this is
> because I want to set the internal sample rate while reading data in from
> /dev/dsp. is this possible? or do i need different software for this?

This definitely should work (this is why support for setting internal
sample rate was added).

The following command works nicely on my machine...

ecasound -sr:22050 -f:16,2,22050 -i /dev/dsp -o null

... so the problem should be fixable. Are you using ECA_CONTROLLER or
do you access various different classes directly? One thing
to try is to put internal sample rate to ~/.ecasoundrc
(default-samplerate 22050). This way you can avoid using
SAMPLE_BUFFER::s_s_r()...

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux audio processing