[ecasound] Re: hello

Subject: [ecasound] Re: hello
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 22:21:47 EEST

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Kali Griffin wrote:

> name is: /dev/dsp i think
> mode: is si_read

Yes, these are correct.

> fmt: confuses me

This specifies the sample parameters (sample rate, channels, bits,
etc). audioio.h contains the definition for this.

> bsize: is variable, i'll start with 1024

Yes, this specifies the buffersize in samples. Same as ecasound's
"-b" option.

> can you help me with this, and can you raise some issues for me to
> consider. the next step in this app is to interface the audio stream with
> audio-fx.cpp, any issues there that are not apparent?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, another way to use libecasound.so
is through ECA_CONTROLLER class. You should see ecatools source files
for more info. Also

http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/Documentation/design.html

...contains some useful info.

Otherwise eca-chainsetup.cpp should prove helpful.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux audio processing