[ecasound] Re: hello

Subject: [ecasound] Re: hello
From: Kali Griffin (kgriffin@cs.oberlin.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 19:06:39 EEST

ok, I decided to try my hand at writing my own app from the libecasound
and kvutils library. and I am stumped a little bit. I want to read in
from /dev/dsp and I thought to use the routines in audioio-oss.h and .cpp
for interfacing. however, in constructing the class ossdevice the
arguments baffle me:
name is: /dev/dsp i think
mode: is si_read
fmt: confuses me
bsize: is variable, i'll start with 1024

can you help me with this, and can you raise some issues for me to
consider. the next step in this app is to interface the audio stream with
audio-fx.cpp, any issues there that are not apparent?
-kali