Re: [ecasound] Port to python3

From: David Runge <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 23 2019 - 20:21:40 EET

Hi Kai,

On 2019-06-26 20:00:47 (+0300), Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> thanks for bringing this up. We had a brief discussion about this in 2010
> (!) on the list and it seemed the effort was very small, but then it was
> forgotten and AFAIK no patches were posted ever.
>
> If anyone is interested in picking this up, please let us know and I can
> help with support. Otherwise, I can do this myself before next release.
> There seems to be a few similar issues, so I was planning to put out another
> "modernization" release pretty soon.

Well, let me know when/if this happens. I don't really have time to work
on this myself though.

In the meantime I'll remove the python2 capabilities from the package,
so Arch Linux will be able to drop support for python2 in the not too
distant future.

Thanks for looking into this and the continued support of ecasound!

Best,
David

--
https://sleepmap.de