Re: [ecasound] Adding lv2 plugins

From: Rocco via Ecasound-list <ecasound-list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 04 2019 - 01:44:45 EET

-----Original Message-----
From: allfifthstuning@email-addr-hidden <allfifthstuning@email-addr-hidden>
To: ecasound-list <ecasound-list@email-addr-hidden>
Sent: Sun, Nov 3, 2019 2:27 pm
Subject: [ecasound] Adding lv2 plugins

Dear fellow Ecasound-users,

I'm finding my way in Ecasound (I've started off with Nama on top of it, but I like to use the commandline).
I've made a setup using Vim as my startingpoint to edit and switch between two .ecs files (record and playpack) with a shortcut ";7" to start ecasound in interactive mode (ecasound -c -s %).
This simple setup seems to work pretty well so far.

There are three things where I would like to ask advice on:
1. What is the best route / strategy to manage punch in and outs (besides practicing harder and making less errors... ;-) )?
   In general a track would look something like this:
     - Part 1 0-a seconds
     - Part 2 a seconds- b seconds
     - Part 3 b seconds - c seconds
     - etc...
All parts pass the same effect chain.

Would using ewf files the best way to go or can I manage this directly in a ecs file?

All of the functionality of ewf files now able to be done internally with ecasound now.

Issue the command -> man ecasound-iam

Also, make sure you look at -> man ecasound

I've been writing an ecasound front end for a long, long time and I can tell you that I found a million ways to do this.

A lot of the code for all this has been buried as I redesign the DAW. So I will just tell you to go through both of the ecasound man pages and absorb the concepts. Then try anything that seems to relate to punch-ins/punch-outs. And there's a lot of features in ecasound that relate to modern day approaches to punching in and punchin out.

I've been researching all the DAW's out there and there's not one punch-in/punch-out scenario I haven't been able to do with ecasound (testing mostly... but it all works).

Ecasound provides a tremendous amount of features that are a playground if you have enough perseverance and imagination.

2. How can I add LV2 plugins without having to refer to the website?
  The manual says that I have to include the website from the plugin:https://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html#LV2Is there an alternative way to do this locally, because I get xruns when having the wifi enabled?

I don't know. I'm still using ladspa plugins with ecasound

3. How can I add a synced metronome as a click track (other then recording a click track)?

'Jack Audio Connection Kit' has some test programs that I (think) come with it when you install it. The metronome is called jack_metro. It's a static metronome (one tempo through the whole song... no tempo mapping), but it works well.

Hope this helps,Rocco