[ecasound] Adding lv2 plugins

From: <allfifthstuning@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 03 2019 - 22:16:57 EET

Dear fellow Ecasound-users,

I'm finding my way in Ecasound (I've started off with Nama on top of it, but I like to use the commandline).

I've made a setup using Vim as my startingpoint to edit and switch between two .ecs files (record and playpack) with a shortcut ";7" to start ecasound in interactive mode (ecasound -c -s %).

This simple setup seems to work pretty well so far.

There are three things where I would like to ask advice on:

1. What is the best route / strategy to manage punch in and outs (besides practicing harder and making less errors... ;-) )?

   In general a track would look something like this:

     - Part 1 0-a seconds

     - Part 2 a seconds- b seconds

     - Part 3 b seconds - c seconds

     - etc...

All parts pass the same effect chain.

Would using ewf files the best way to go or can I manage this directly in a ecs file?

2. How can I add LV2 plugins without having to refer to the website?

  The manual says that I have to include the website from the plugin: https://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html#LV2 ( https://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html#LV2 ) Is there an alternative way to do this locally, because I get xruns when having the wifi enabled?

3. How can I add a synced metronome as a click track (other then recording a click track)?

Thanks in advance!

Hans