Re: [ecasound] Port to python3

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvlists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 26 2019 - 20:00:47 EEST

Hi David,

On Thu, 20 Jun 2019, David Runge wrote:

> I'm currently maintaining ecasound for Arch Linux and would like to
> know, whether attempts are made to port the ecasound python integration
> to python3, as python2 is soon EOL [1].
[...]
> Are there any steps, that can be helped with for helping a porting
> process along?

thanks for bringing this up. We had a brief discussion about this in 2010
(!) on the list and it seemed the effort was very small, but then it was
forgotten and AFAIK no patches were posted ever.

If anyone is interested in picking this up, please let us know and I can
help with support. Otherwise, I can do this myself before next release.
There seems to be a few similar issues, so I was planning to put
out another "modernization" release pretty soon.