Re: [ecasound] ALSA: Unknown device state '3'

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvlists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2018 - 20:01:06 EET

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018, Дмитрий wrote:

> You understood it correctly. The input is a digital source that can be
externally interrupted. After the interruption, I get such
> error. In Debian Jessie when the input was interrupted I got something
like this: "WARNING: ALSA recording overrun, some audio
> samples were lost!" and after the source resumption this warning
disappeared and everything worked fine without ecasound restarting.

hmm, ok, then the behaviour of the drivers has changed in this case
(triggered probably by kernel version upgrade).

As a quick thing to try, you could try running with "-z:xruns". It will
immediately exit ecasound (allowing you to automatically restart it)
when this condition happens.

I don't immediately see how to handle this gracefully without affecting
other usages.