Re: [ecasound] streaming audio with ecasound and the audioinjector

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 10 2017 - 01:47:57 EEST

On Jun 08, Matt wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We have been talking about low latency streaming on the Audio injector
> forum. We started with ffmpeg RTP protocol.
>
> One person has switched to ecasound and I think it would be good if someone
> knowledgable could give feedback/help (preferably in the following thread ):
>
> http://www.flatmax.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64&start=20#p4060

Hi Matt,

I looked at this discussion thread, and found nothing
specific to reply to.

If live performance is not involved, I don't see why latency
should be an issue.

Someone posted this command line:

        ecasound -B:rtlowlatency -b:256 -f:s16_le,2,44100 -i:alsahw,1,0 -o:alsahw,1,0

It seems okay, a simple passthrough.

Good luck,

Joel

> thanks