Re: [ecasound] Unable to do multi channel recording simultaneously using Ecasound

From: rocco <rocco556@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 23 2015 - 02:47:27 EEST

On 10/21/2015 04:13 PM, rocco wrote:
> On 10/21/2015 07:23 AM, Nishant Prakash wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have to do multiple channel recording that recording from each channel
>> is stored in separate file. I looked up the following link:
>> http://osdir.com/ml/linux.ecasound/2003-05/msg00017.html
>> I am not able to do recording using jack as is mentioned there. *I run
>> the following command for 2 channel sound card which I am using now:*
>>
>> ecasound -f:24,1,44100 \
>> -a:1 -i jack -o foo1.wav \
>> -a:2 -i jack -o foo2.wav \
>>
>> *I am getting the following error:*
>> (eca-chainsetup-parser) WARNING: Only 3+0 of the expected 5 parameters were
>> ... recognized successfully.
>> (eca-chainsetup) Chainsetup "untitled-chainsetup"
>> ---
>> ecasound: ERROR: [ECA-SESSION] : "Audio object "foo1.wav-a:2" does not
>> match any of the known audio device types or file formats. You can check
>> the list of supported audio object types by issuing the command
>> 'aio-register' in ecasound's interactive mode. Many thanks in advance.
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Regards
>> Nishant Prakash
>
> Hey Nishant,
>
> This is a great place to start out learning the basics of ecasound...
> http://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html
>
> Once you play with those examples, then read up on the ecasound and
> ecasound-iam manuals
> man ecasound
> man ecasound-iam

I have the feeling you posted a different command than you actually ran.
It's best to copy and paste exactly what you did so we know exactly what
you ran.

This should work...

ecasound \
-a:1,2 -f:24,2,44100 -i jack,system \
-a:1 -f:24,1,44100 -o:foo1.wav \
-a:2 -o:foo2.wav \
-a:2 -chmove:2,1

You can put all the commands in a text file (without all the '\'). Then
run it like this...

ecasound -s:/path/to/file.ecs

This way, you can make changes... run it... make changes... run it...

If you run ecasound in 'interactive mode', you can issue commands in the
same shell you ran ecasound in...

ecasound -c -s:/PathTo/file.ecs

If you want to see a well formated 'ECS File'... while in interactive
mode, issue the command cs-save-as /PathTo/NameOfFile.ecs

...or just cs-save, to update the file you're currently working with.