Re: [ecasound] Unable to do multi channel recording simultaneously using Ecasound

From: Adam Cathersides <adamcathersides@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 22 2015 - 10:19:59 EEST

Hi Nishant,

>From the error: ERROR: [ECA-SESSION] : "Audio object "foo1.wav-a:2"
It looks like you do not have the correct spaces between the first and
second chain. Therefore it is trying to process "foo1.wav-a:2" as one
object.

Try the command on one line to see if that helps. Like this:

ecasound -f:24,1,44100 -a:1 -i jack -o foo1.wav -a:2 -i jack -o foo2.wav

Cheers

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 12:13 AM, rocco <rocco556@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 10/21/2015 07:23 AM, Nishant Prakash wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have to do multiple channel recording that recording from each channel
> > is stored in separate file. I looked up the following link:
> > http://osdir.com/ml/linux.ecasound/2003-05/msg00017.html
> > I am not able to do recording using jack as is mentioned there. *I run
> > the following command for 2 channel sound card which I am using now:*
> >
> > ecasound -f:24,1,44100 \
> > -a:1 -i jack -o foo1.wav \
> > -a:2 -i jack -o foo2.wav \
> >
> > *I am getting the following error:*
> > (eca-chainsetup-parser) WARNING: Only 3+0 of the expected 5 parameters
> were
> > ... recognized successfully.
> > (eca-chainsetup) Chainsetup "untitled-chainsetup"
> > ---
> > ecasound: ERROR: [ECA-SESSION] : "Audio object "foo1.wav-a:2" does not
> > match any of the known audio device types or file formats. You can check
> > the list of supported audio object types by issuing the command
> > 'aio-register' in ecasound's interactive mode. Many thanks in advance.
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Regards
> > Nishant Prakash
>
> Hey Nishant,
>
> This is a great place to start out learning the basics of ecasound...
> http://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html
>
> Once you play with those examples, then read up on the ecasound and
> ecasound-iam manuals
> man ecasound
> man ecasound-iam

Adam Cathersides