[ecasound] Unable to do multi channel recording simultaneously using Ecasound

From: Nishant Prakash <p.nishant818@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 21 2015 - 17:23:56 EEST

Hi,
I have to do multiple channel recording that recording from each channel is
stored in separate file. I looked up the following link:
http://osdir.com/ml/linux.ecasound/2003-05/msg00017.html
I am not able to do recording using jack as is mentioned there. *I run the
following command for 2 channel sound card which I am using now:*

ecasound -f:24,1,44100 \
-a:1 -i jack -o foo1.wav \
-a:2 -i jack -o foo2.wav \

*I am getting the following error:*
(eca-chainsetup-parser) WARNING: Only 3+0 of the expected 5 parameters were
... recognized successfully.
(eca-chainsetup) Chainsetup "untitled-chainsetup"

---
ecasound: ERROR: [ECA-SESSION] : "Audio object "foo1.wav-a:2" does not
match any of the known audio device types or file formats. You can check
the list of supported audio object types by issuing the command
'aio-register' in ecasound's interactive mode. Many thanks in advance. Any
help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Nishant Prakash