[ecasound] insufficient privileges to utilize real-time scheduling (SCHED_FIFO)

From: Nishant Prakash <p.nishant818@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 06 2015 - 19:05:14 EEST

HI, I am trying to use Ecasound on Linux system to do recording but when I
run the following command:
ecasound -i alsa -o somefile.wav -c

I am getting this message and then it does nothing.

(eca-chainsetup) Chainsetup "untitled-chainsetup"
ecasound ('h' for help)> t
(eca-control) NOTE: No chainsetup connected. Trying to connect currently
selected chainsetup "untitled-chainsetup"
(eca-chainsetup) NOTE: Real-time configuration, but insufficient privileges
to utilize real-time scheduling (SCHED_FIFO). With
... small buffersizes, this may cause audible glitches during processing.
(eca-chainsetup) "rt" buffering mode selected.
(eca-chainsetup) Opened input "alsa", mode "read". Format: s16_le, channels
2, srate 44100, interleaved.
(eca-chainsetup) Opened output "somefile.wav", mode "read/write (update)".
Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved
... (locked params).
- [ Connected chainsetup: "untitled-chainsetup" ] ------------------------
- [ Controller/Processing started ] --------------------------------------
ecasound ('h' for help)> - [ Engine - Driver start ] --

Please let me know where I am going wrong.

Regards
Nishant Prakash