[ecasound] dither

From: rtaylor <rtaylor@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 12 2015 - 23:20:44 EEST

Hi all,

What is the status of dither (if any) in ecasound? I'm looking at
implementing this myself, or I could help if someone is already working
on this.

I've been using ecasound to build crossovers with equalization for
active loudspeakers, but also as a general signal-processing toolbox.
See e.g. here:

http://rtaylor.sites.tru.ca/2013/06/25/digital-crossovereq-with-open-source-software-howto/

Lack of dither is a problem for me, though I have a workaround that
pipes output from ecasound to sox for dithered re-quantization. I have
a post here that shows the problems with ecasound's undithered output,
plus my current workaround:

http://rtaylor.sites.tru.ca/2015/08/12/dither-and-ecasound/

Richard