[ecasound] Pycharm debug (pydev debugger) mode and ECI

From: Adam Cathersides <adamcathersides@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 12 2015 - 17:03:19 EEST

Hi,

I am using the ECI for a python based audio automation system and when I
run my script normally (ie in a normal shell) it runs as expected. Which
is good!

However when I try to use the debug mode in Pycharm and I am getting the
following an error in ecacontrol.py:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/dvt/Downloads/pycharm-community-3.4.1/helpers/pydev/pydevd.py", line
1733, in <module>
    debugger.run(setup['file'], None, None)
  File
"/home/dvt/Downloads/pycharm-community-3.4.1/helpers/pydev/pydevd.py", line
1226, in run
    pydev_imports.execfile(file, globals, locals) # execute the script
  File
"/home/dvt/PycharmProjects/ecasound/eca_chain_create/play_one_wav.py", line
1, in <module>
    import chain_createv8
  File
"/home/dvt/PycharmProjects/ecasound/eca_chain_create/chain_createv8.py",
line 42, in <module>
    eca = ECI(1)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eci.py", line 38, in __init__
    self.e = apply(_pyeca.ECA_CONTROL_INTERFACE, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ecacontrol.py", line 39, in
__init__
    I.initialize()
* File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ecacontrol.py", line 167, in
initialize*
* if float(version[s+10:s+13])>=2.2:*
*ValueError: could not convert string to float:*

>From what I can tell it seems to not be getting the version number back
correctly, so then cannot cast it as a float.

I have tried forcing the ECASOUND=/usr/bin/ecasound environment variable,
and this doesn't seem to help.
I was wondering if is pydev debugger is causing ecasound.py output to be
redirected somewhere else, but I have no idea how to check that out..

Has anyone had any experience of this of have any clues as to how to fix
this as I am coming to the limit of my knowledge about what could be wrong.

Any help much appreciated!

--
Adam Cathersides