Re: [ecasound] jack outputs

From: rocco <rocco556@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 29 2014 - 14:33:13 EEST

On 09/26/2014 12:36 AM, Raoul wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please, can you tell me if there is a solution
> for this problem:
>
> i am trying to send track one to output channel 1,
> track 2 to out channel 2 and so on, with jack on osx.
>
> the file play onlay on out 1/2.
>
> in other words, how to redirect sound with jack is my question.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Raoul
> rmgls>free.fr

I'm not completely sure what you're looking to do, but maybe this will
help...

ecasound \
     -a:1 -i:MonoAudioFile1.wav \
     -a:2 -i:MonoAudioFile2.wav \
     -a:1,2 -o:jack,system \
     -a:2 -chmove:1,2

Ecasound automatically assigns a mono audio file to output channel one.
But to send a mono audio file to channel two, you have to move that
channel from output channel one to output channel two with 'chmove'.

This is a good place to see some Ecasound examples...
http://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html

Hope this helped...
Rocco