[ecasound] fifo pipe as input

From: Haarman <haarman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 28 2014 - 16:02:07 EEST

Hi,

I want to use the output of mplayer as an input to ecasound. With a fifo I
can play it with aplay but have no idea how to get it to play in ecasound.
Anybody can tell me what I am doing wrong here. This works:

mkfifo /tmp/audio
mplayer -vc null -vo null -af format=s16le -srate 44100 -ao
pcm:nowaveheader:file=/tmp/audio http://icecast.omroep.nl/radio1-bb-aac
aplay -t raw -c 2 -f S16_LE -r 44100 /tmp/audio

but replacing aplay with ecasound gives me this error:

$ ecasound -D -z:nodb -f 16,2,44100 -i:sndfile,/tmp/audio,wav -o alsahw,0,0
* ecasound v2.9.1 (C) 1997-2014 Kai Vehmanen and others
(eca-chainsetup-parser) Double-buffering disabled.
(eca-chainsetup) Chainsetup "untitled-chainsetup"
(eca-chainsetup) NOTE: Real-time configuration, but insufficient privileges
to utilize real-time scheduling (SCHED_FIFO). With small buffersizes, this
may cause audible glitches during processing.
(eca-chainsetup) "rt" buffering mode selected.
(audioio_sndfile) Using libsndfile to open file "/tmp/audio" for reading.
ERROR: Connecting chainsetup failed: "Enabling chainsetup:
AUDIOIO-SNDFILE: Can't open file "/tmp/audio" for reading

thx!

hm